Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grateful


We received an email a few weeks ago from a mom:


Dear Keri,
I just wanted to send you a note of thanks now that our son's surgery is over and he is on the road to recovery. We received an adorable little gown for him to wear when we got to the hospital at 6:00am. And honestly, it was so much nicer to see him in that little army gown rather than the sterile hospital white or blue gowns. It really lightened the mood of the room to see that playful gown. Obviously, it was still hard for us to give our little guy over into the hands of the surgical staff, but your gift really touched our hearts. Thank you so much for your dedication to this ministry!
Sincerely,
Elise, Jacob and Findlay Belk


This is what I love about this ministry. It's something simple but it brightens a very scary day.
Findlay will also be receiving a name pillow. Through sales of the name pillows on my website he will receive a name pillow and shipping for free. Mom opted not to get another hospital gown but I will be making one for another patient at Medical City very soon!
Love to all,
Keri


4 comments:

The Graves Gang said...

Hi, I live in the Fayetteville, Arkansas area and I am interested in starting something of this nature in our area --- was wondering if you would be able to share how to get it started... Thank you so much & God Bless You for the wonderful ministry that you are blessing so many with.

Meg said...

Like the previous comment, I'd love to also know how you got this started. I have plenty of friends and family who would love to do this with me for the children's hospitals in our areas. I'm a former pediatric heart patient, and I know these things would be great comforts to the families at the hospital I was treated at!

Do you use a certain pattern for the gowns? Is it purchasable from a company or is it your own?

Are you interested in starting up "chapters" of Heartfelt Couture? With "regional organizers"?

I'm totally up for the challenge! I used to work for a non-profit, so I know a lot of the hoops for fund raising.

You can contact me thru my blog or email me meg@whatmegmakes.com

Sharon said...

We are interested in this! Please call me at 936-875-3326 or 936-635-0592 tomorrow and we can discuss it and also get Keri on the phone, etc. Thanks and BLESSINGS!!!!!!

Sharon

Kimberly said...

Hi there! I just sent an email to you all, but I wanted to post a comment here. I'm in Houston and I would love to vollunteer too.

picklechic@hotmail.com

Post a Comment