Friday, March 4, 2011

Heartfelt girls


Pictured above is my little girl "A". Her bear "Gabrielle" is sick and she made a prayer pillow for the bear using fabric letters I had dropped that day.

My other little girl "L" was looking at a blog with me about a little girl named Lucy yesterday. I asked her what should we do for Lucy since she is very sick. "L" said, "Make her a hospital gown and pillow."

My girls at 5 years old are "getting" that Heartfelt Couture helps sick children feel better.

I am not saying this because I am "The World's Greatest Mom". I am really an average at best mom. My house is a mess, I can get frustrated very easily, we don't eat 100% organic. I never intended to be a stay at home mom, and sometimes I go into my room, shut the door and scream into my pillow. Why am I tell you this? Because I am not perfect. I am normal.

The one thing I want my girls to learn from me is giving. I want it to be second nature to them. We live in a selfish, me driven world, and I struggle with this daily. I want them to rise up and be an example of kindness and a giving heart.

On my fridge we have our family verse,
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: "It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

I truly believe if we can teach our children to be givers then God's kingdom will grow faster than we ever thought possible. This is only 1/3 of the reason I do Heartfelt Couture. Maybe I will blog more about the other two reasons later!

Blessings,
Keri Abshier

0 comments:

Post a Comment